Monday, September 12, 2011

Running at Night


We ran until our lungs gave out
Yelling at the top of our lungs like sirens passing each other in the field.
Laughing at ourselves and the joy of being irreverent 
And then it hit me
Later
In the quiet cold of a lonely bed 
That I needed to just keep running
And yelling
That I had so much to get out 
That I needed to wail, sob, fall over exhausted and then still utter more
Moaning into the earth and heaving prayers up to the sky
Keeping time with the waves of emotion rolling up from within 
The recognition of my truest self
Of loneliness
Of the soft underbelly of being that never gets exposed
Of the most desperate needing and longing for love and acceptance

- Hatton Littman 

Hatton Littman is a film & video teacher, independent filmmaker, writer, and private tutor in Big Sky, Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment